Getting Data In

installing python module in splunk

sivaranjiniG
Path Finder

Hello,

I have problem in installing Python module on splunk

i am getting pip not found error whenever i try to using pip module..

sivaranjiniG_0-1708663373507.png

I am not sure what is wrong here..

Please someone help me figure this out..

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

kiran_panchavat
Contributor

@sivaranjiniG 

Python 3.7.17 is no longer officially supported as of June 2023. This means:

Security updates: It won't receive any further security patches, making it vulnerable to potential security risks.
Bug fixes: No bug fixes will be addressed, so you might encounter issues that won't be resolved.
Binary installers: These are no longer provided, so installation can be more complex and require building from source.

While Python 3.7.17 might still function for some basic tasks, using an unsupported version is not recommended due to the security and maintenance risks mentioned above. It's strongly advised to upgrade to a currently supported Python version, such as 3.11 or 3.10. You can find more information and download links on the official Python website: https://www.python.org/downloads/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...