Getting Data In

indexer and SH weird question

Raghav2384
Motivator

Hey Experts,

Have a stupid question (Me being honest). We have a Splunk setup that runs on x network and we have a new SPlunk setup on y network.

Plan is to have indexed data on x instance to y search heads. Solution would be to puncch firewalls between splunk x indexers and splunk y search heads correct?

Now, security guys have problems punching are allowing communication between x Indexers and y search heads. Is there any other solution avoiding firewall?

Thanks,
Raghav

0 Karma

jayannah
Builder

Yes, you need to open the firewall ports between x & y.

0 Karma

Raghav2384
Motivator

Thanks for the quick reply....That's where the whole security guys come in...my question was more like is there any other way completely avoiding firewalls rules...i know you gotta punch firewall rules, but some people doesn't get that! 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...