Dears,

i have log that repeated every 10 min as below
16-02-08 Name Succ drop

04:26:50 Searches 12 0
04:27:00 Searches 17 0
04:27:10 Searches 12 0

firts line contain Date of the Day and each line contain different Timestamp
i need to know how to extract each line with exact time
i know that i can break events using Break_line option and also break multiple events using multikv
but i couldn't extract Correct time for every event So please advise

0 Karma
1 Solution

vbumgarner
Contributor

That's super ugly. If the event really looks like that, and there's nothing you can do about it, then you could do something like this:

|stats count
| eval _raw="16-02-08 Name Succ drop\n04:26:50 Searches 12 0\n04:27:00 Searches 17 0\n04:27:10 Searches 12 0"
| rex "^(?<date>\d+-\d+-\d+) "
| eval line=split(_raw,"\n")
| mvexpand line
| rex field=line "^(?<time>\d+:\d+:\d+) "
| eval _time=strptime(date + " " + time, "%d-%m-%y %H:%M:%S")

It isn't going to be fast, though. You'd be far better off figuring out how to parse the logs line by line, if at all possible.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

vbumgarner
Contributor

That's super ugly. If the event really looks like that, and there's nothing you can do about it, then you could do something like this:

|stats count
| eval _raw="16-02-08 Name Succ drop\n04:26:50 Searches 12 0\n04:27:00 Searches 17 0\n04:27:10 Searches 12 0"
| rex "^(?<date>\d+-\d+-\d+) "
| eval line=split(_raw,"\n")
| mvexpand line
| rex field=line "^(?<time>\d+:\d+:\d+) "
| eval _time=strptime(date + " " + time, "%d-%m-%y %H:%M:%S")

It isn't going to be fast, though. You'd be far better off figuring out how to parse the logs line by line, if at all possible.

0 Karma

ahmedhassanean
Explorer

i would like to have each line as new event but with correct time and column name as below ( note : date is come in first line only in our case (16-02-08 ) and for each line there is different date and all this table is repeated every 2 min in log with header )

16-02-08 04:26:50 Searches 12 0
16-02-08 04:27:00 Searches 17 0
16-02-08 04:27:10 Searches 12 0

0 Karma

s2_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Not sure I understand. Can you describe your desired outcome?
Do you want these to be one event? Do you want each line to be one event, with all the lines that don't have a date in it using... which date?
Do you have the opportunity to change the application generating these logs?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...