Getting Data In

forwarder stopped in AIX

kml_uvce
Builder

I installed splunk universal forwarder version 6 in AIX and it stopped automatically after some time.
please let me know the solution of this....

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your explanation is a little short on details.

The log file in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log will probably have some hints as to the source of the shutdown. There may also be a crash file in that directory as well. If there is a crash file, it will probably have a hint as to the nature of the problem. But this hint may only be useful to Splunk support or Engineering.

Make sure your AIX system has the bos.adt.debug package installed - this is needed for the crash files to have full stack trace data.

View solution in original post

yaoyed
Engager

Hi, I can't find Splunk forwarder for AIX 6. Do you have it?
How can I contact you?
My email address is c2142866416@163.com

0 Karma

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your explanation is a little short on details.

The log file in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log will probably have some hints as to the source of the shutdown. There may also be a crash file in that directory as well. If there is a crash file, it will probably have a hint as to the nature of the problem. But this hint may only be useful to Splunk support or Engineering.

Make sure your AIX system has the bos.adt.debug package installed - this is needed for the crash files to have full stack trace data.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...