Getting Data In

deployment server serverclass.conf file index configuration

rchittip
Path Finder

Hi,
I have the below configuration deployed in deployment server serverclass.conf to send the index.conf configuration app to all my indexers. However, in the below whitelist I'm not able to identify "TestIndexer/prodIndexer". There is no indexer with these name. But still my indexers receive the configuration from deployment server.

I'm surprised. can you please explain on this. Thanks.

My test deployment serverclass.conf:
[serverClass:indexers]
restartSplunkd=false
whitelist.0=TestIndexer
[serverClass:indexers:app:indexer_base_test]

My prod deployment serverclass.conf:
[serverClass:indexers]

restartSplunkd=false

whitelist.0 = prodIndexer
[serverClass:indexers:app:indexer_base_prod]

Thanks,
Ramu Chittiprolu

Mobile: +91 703.280.0437

Tags (1)
0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Can you go check your Deployment Server in your instance UI and check that serverclass is actually not including any of those clients?

Have those configurations been done on the serverclass.conf? If so, are you sure that the Deployment Server has been restarted after it?

Feed me back please

0 Karma

rchittip
Path Finder

I investigated and realized now. Actually in deployment.conf, client name is given as TestIndexer and prodIndexer in all indexer server. The same ClientName is specified as white list in serverclass.conf in deployment server to send the app to all indexers. Thanks.

0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Yes all justified and clear now

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...