Getting Data In

cvs log is not getting ingested when it has only one line (in addition to the header)

mlevsh
Builder

Hi,

We came across strange issue:
cvs logs are not getting ingested when it only has only one line (in addition to the header) in a log.
The same logs with two and more lines are ingested successfully

Here are inputs.conf and  props.conf we are using

Inputs.conf
[monitor:///apps/ab_cd/resources/abcd/reports_rr/reports/abc/.../*_splunk.csv]  
sourcetype=source_type_name
index=index_name
ignoreOlderThan = 2h
crcSalt = <SOURCE>

props.conf

[source_type_name]
KV_MODE = none
NO_BINARY_CHECK = true
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
PREAMBLE_REGEX = ^Region
TIME_PREFIX= ^(?:[^,\n]*,){1}
TIME_FORMAT = %Y-%m-%d
MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD=10
MAX_DAYS_HENCE = 5

Appreciate all the ideas

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I was expecting your props.conf to have

INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS = CSV

You are also using a TIME_PREFIX instead of TIMESTAMP_FIELDS... 

And you have a PREAMBLE_REGEX set, which looks like it's set to the first fieldname in the header (which would remove the header line) though you don't provide FIELD_NAMES...

Putting that all together, it looks like you aren't really treating those files as CSV files.  I'm not sure what's going on, but I wonder if it would work right if you treated them as CSV.

If that doesn't help, it'd be useful to see the contents of a file that doesn't work, and one that does. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...