Getting Data In

batch stanza in inputs.conf with nullQueue not processing

kenoski
Path Finder

Hi,

I have a batch stanza in my inputs.conf file of my application. I would like to use it to remove old files from the application that could be causing problems for the users. Here is an example:

[batch://C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\<myApp>\local\ui\views\Old_View_File.xml]
disabled = false
queue=nullQueue
move_policy=sinkhole

It appears that Splunk is noticing the requested input, due to the _internal DB log files, but the requested file is not being processed and removed.

Any suggestions?

Thx.

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

THe possible values of attribute queue in inputs.conf are parsingQueue|indexQueue. That's why it's not processing the file at all.

Instead of writing a batch input (and you need to setup a props/transforms on Heavy forwarder/Indexer to route the data to nullQueue) why don't you setup scheduler task on the server OR setup a scripted input with the script deleting you unwanted files.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

THe possible values of attribute queue in inputs.conf are parsingQueue|indexQueue. That's why it's not processing the file at all.

Instead of writing a batch input (and you need to setup a props/transforms on Heavy forwarder/Indexer to route the data to nullQueue) why don't you setup scheduler task on the server OR setup a scripted input with the script deleting you unwanted files.

0 Karma

kenoski
Path Finder

I had a Splunk Support case open asking how to remove files, and they suggested the batch and inputs.conf file method with nullQueue......they just forgot to mention that I would need to to do the other modifications also.

I'll give the scripted input a try.

thx.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...