Getting Data In

after indexing data can we change the time stamp year in splunk ??? in same index

salmanbpc

Hello,...

i have loaded my data into splunk thats 2017 data i need to change the year of the data in index. because i have alraedy created some reports and dashboards with the variables.

is that possible to replace 2017 with 2019 in the same indexed data...????

0 Karma

jacobpevans
Motivator

Greetings @salmanbpc,

Even if possible, this is highly advised against. See @richgalloway's answer here: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/412085/is-it-possible-to-modify-an-indexed-event.html.

Long story short, you need to delete the index (or clear it of the relevant data), modify the source (log or otherwise), clear the fishbucket, and reindex the data with the proper timestamps. Be very careful doing each of those things if you're in a production environment.

Cheers,
Jacob

If you feel this response answered your question, please do not forget to mark it as such. If it did not, but you do have the answer, feel free to answer your own post and accept that as the answer.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...