Getting Data In

Would it be an issue if I use REST C# Splunk.Client API implementation with Same login Credentials?

ykazi

Is there any concurrency or any issue if I use REST C# Splunk.Client implementation with same login credentials while sending event data from Multiple machines with same desktop application to Splunk Index Server. I would like to know if session key would be unique even though same login/pwd is used to connect from multiple machine applications and there wouldnt be any session contention/concurrency issue.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

thomrs
Communicator

I do this with Python when I´m developing. I always create a service account for prod so I can monitor usage better.

0 Karma

ykazi

Would it means multiple concurrent REST login sessions with same credentials would be identified by splunk as individual sessions (sessionkey)? I did test same with couple of machines running same desktop application and sending event data via REST API to splunk server. I didn't notice any data loss/overlapping information.

However, I just would like to confirm before we roll out the change to 4000+ production client machines

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...