Getting Data In

Workflow Action: How to add a header?

Girasole

I need to add a header to the link I'm using. The header is used for authentication. How can I make that happen?

0 Karma

cathaladams21
Engager

Did you ever get this solved? I'm trying to do the same thing.,Did you get this one figured out? I'm trying to do the same thing.

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

I guess i'm not entirely sure what you mean about header to a link.
what type of workflow action have you created?
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.0/Knowledge/CreateworkflowactionsinSplunkWeb#Set_up_...

0 Karma

Girasole

An HTTP GET request can have a header field to convey more information to the target server than what's in the URI. I couldn't paste the actual example in the question because I don't have enough Karma points to put in anything that looks like a link. A common header field is Content-Type. It might look like this:

Content-Type: application/json

Others are listed in Wikipedia under "List of HTTP header fields". How would we had a header field to a Splunk "Workflow Action" for an HTTP GET uri?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...