Getting Data In

Why is uploaded data missing?

suvi1611

Hi,

I am new to splunk and trying to upload data for practising. I amd using the data from the the below link.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.5/SearchTutorial/GetthetutorialdataintoSplunk

When I try to upload the tutorialdata.zip, It loads for a long time and I get a read timeout

When I extract the tutorialdata.zip and upload a single log file . No issues in uploading, It uploads the logs file and when I click Next --> Set Source Type is empty and not displaying the raw data (as shown in the screenshot) and If I continue till the end, submit and  search for the index/source, I get 0 events found.

Could you please suggest If I am missing anything. I am currently using a free license option. 

suvi1611_0-1687181697433.png

suvi1611_1-1687181798323.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

suvi1611

Thank you for the quick update. I just tried in Splunk cloud with the same zip file and it was working as expected.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

at least earlier this has worked exactly how the manual told. If it didn’t work, then you should try to use trial or full enterprise version, not a free version. The free version has some limitations which shouldn’t affect for this test, but it’s the difference for working environment.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...