Getting Data In

Why is Splunk enterprise webserver is stuck?

vchennuri
Engager

My splunk enterprise is stuck below and not starting.

Splunk> 4TW

Checking prerequisites...
        Checking http port [8000]: open
        Checking mgmt port [8089]: open
        Checking appserver port [127.0.0.1:8065]: open
        Checking kvstore port [8191]: open
        Checking configuration... Done.
        Checking critical directories...        Done
        Checking indexes...
                Validated: _audit _internal _introspection _telemetry _thefishbucket collectd history mail main secure summary unix_summary
        Done
        Checking filesystem compatibility...  Done
        Checking conf files for problems...
        Done
        Checking default conf files for edits...
        Validating installed files against hashes from '/opt/splunk/splunk-7.3.0-657388c7a488-linux-2.6-x86_64-manifest'
File '/opt/splunk/etc/system/default/alert_actions.conf' changed.
        Problems were found, please review your files and move customizations to local
All preliminary checks passed.

Starting splunk server daemon (splunkd)...
Done
 [  OK  ]

Waiting for web server at https://127.0.0.1:8000 to be available...

Can someone help please?

0 Karma

ivanreis
Builder

Check if there is any error message at splunkd.log/web_service.log at $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk.
I had similar issues in the past and I am not able to identify the root cause even doing some troubleshooting on the log files I mentioned.

To fix the web server issues in my case, I have to reinstall Splunk using the same version already previously installed and it had worked. Try to revert the previous changes you had deployed to check it can be the root cause.

Please run a backup first at the entire /etc folder before you deploy any changes, just to make sure you are able to recover all the configuration and apps.

0 Karma

vchennuri
Engager

Rephrasing my question
My splunk enterprise webserver is stuck as below and Not starting.

0 Karma

marcus_santos_s
Path Finder

Hello, Vchennuri,

Is this server in Search Head Cluster?
I had a similar problem and the cause was the Configuration Bundle.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...