Getting Data In

Why does the forwarder stops sending data to all configured TCP connections when one connection is not available?

dami_rel
Engager

Hello,

I'm new to splunk and hope you can help me with this problem.
I'm using Universal forwarder to send data from Server X to Splunk server A and to a third party Server B.
When third party Server B closes TCP port for any reason, Splunk forwarder on server X stops also sending data to Splunk server A.

How can I prevent forwarder on Server X to close stream to Splunk server A?

My forwarder config on Server X is as follows:

inputs.conf:

[default]
host = TEST
[monitor:///var/log/list.log]
disabled=false
sourcetype=log_iedge
index=vo

[monitor:///var/log/lstat.log]
disabled=false
sourcetype=log_lstat
index=vo

[monitor:///var/log/ISDM.log]
disabled=false
_TCP_ROUTING = Server_B

outputs.conf:

[tcpout]
defaultGroup = default-autolb-group, Server_B

[tcpout:default-autolb-group]
server = A.A.A.A:9998

[tcpout:Server_B]
server = B.B.B.B:9981
sendCookedData = false

felipesewaybric
Contributor

Once I have the same problem, is like the UF cant send to a peer, so he just stops, since he cant send the data, I use load balancing with cluster environment.
Check this docs:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.1/Forwarding/Setuploadbalancingd

0 Karma

nkpiquette
Path Finder

Even with Load Balancing configured though if B refuses/cant receive the data it does not send the data to A even if A has load balancing configured.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...