Getting Data In

Why am I unable to paste search queries into Splunk Web search bar?

lmaclean
Path Finder

Hi,

Have an issue with a Splunk deployment on Windows (Server '08 Datacenter R2) with the end-user assets being Windows 10 using IE11 (VDI devices).

That when I try and paste anything on the clipboard into the main Splunk search bar nothing happens... I can paste fine into the normal url address bar, into notepad, or any other application or even other text fields in Splunk (Settings, Dashboard's filter text fields) but just not the main Splunk Web search bar.

Can be quite annoying when you either have to save the search into "savedsearches.conf" in the backend or manually type it all out again...

0 Karma

clintonburnett
Explorer

Below are the steps to fix for Internet Explorer. The clipboard can be blocked by a custom setting.

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, and then Internet Options. (Alt+T, and then Internet Options).
Click the Security tab.
Click the Custom Level button.
In the listing, look for the Scripting category, and then "Allow Programmatic clipboard access".

0 Karma

jkugler

I'm hitting this issue too. Splunk 7.1.2, Chrome browser.

0 Karma

dd_msearles
Path Finder

I no longer work in the environment I was having this issue.
I expect it was related to some sort of security group policy enforced on the SOE.

0 Karma

jkugler

This was on my personal laptop with a Splunk server running on a VM on my laptop. No security policies in place at all. 🙂

0 Karma

dd_msearles
Path Finder

Am also having this issue with one client.
I assume it's related to the browser?

Running Splunk 6.5 and IE11.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...