Getting Data In

Why am I unable to install a universal forwarder using CMD?

jsantos1
Engager

Hi,

I'm trying to install Universal Forwarder using the command below:

-> msiexec.exe /i “C:\USERS\%USERNAME%\Desktop\splunkforwarder-6.2.4-271043-x64-release.msi” DEPLOYMENT_SERVER="DSxxxx:8089" AGREETOLICENSE=Yes 

but I get the "Windows Installer" error

(This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.)

Of course I have admin rights and the installer on the right path.

Normal installation works fine by just double click, but I want to do a silent install, I just want to ensure the CLI command works.

Installing it on Windows Server/s 2k12 x64

spunk311z
Path Finder

ive found that if you remove the quotes off of:
DEPLOYMENT_SERVER="me.com:9997”

so: DEPLOYMENT_SERVER=me.com:9997

it works..... I battled with this for a few hours. my working cmd line:

msiexec.exe /i splunkuf.msi AGREETOLICENSE=Yes DEPLOYMENT_SERVER=me.com:9997 LAUNCHSPLUNK=1 /quiet

0 Karma

cpetterborg
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I use a powershell script to front-end the installation. In it I do the following (though this is not all that the powershell script does):

$MSI= splunkforwarder-7.0.2-03bbabbd5c0f-x64-release.msi
$SUFloc = "c:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder"
$ARGS = "/i $MSI AGREETOLICENSE=Yes SPLUNK_APP=SplunkLightForwarder LAUNCHSPLUNK=0 INSTALLDIR=`"${SUFloc}`" SERVICESTARTTYPE=auto /quiet"
$proc = (Start-Process -FilePath "msiexec.exe" -ArgumentList "${ARGS}" -Wait -Passthru).ExitCode

If you want to do something similar not in a powershell script, you could extrapolate the command line that would be done from that.

0 Karma

mrcusanelli

I'm having the same problem. The stadard install works just fine, but when attempting to perform a quiet install, nothing happens are i get the 1619 error. Has anyone been able to find a fix for this?

0 Karma

hankmath
Observer

Hi, i cope with the same problem. Does anyone know how to solve it ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...