Getting Data In

Why am I receiving this error: Skipping itemPath, does not match path....

ehowardl3
Path Finder

I've recently been running into issues with Splunk not ingesting files, both on universal and heavy forwarders. The example here is a UF on a Windows server. In this example, I'm trying to ingest \\path\to\file.csv, and the error I get is:

DEBUG TailingProcessor - Skipping itemPath='E:\path\to\some\other\file.txt, does not match path='\\path\to\file.csv' :Not a directory :Not a symlink

My input looks like:

[monitor://\\\\path\to\file.csv]
index = myindex
sourcetype = mysourcetype
initCrcLength = 512

Also, I had to turn on debug logging in log.cfg to even see these errors. Otherwise there were no errors at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Labels (1)

edoardo_vicendo
Contributor

Same here, the UF was working fine on a Windows server than suddenly started to not ingest the file anymore. To see the error I had to put in debug mode the universal forwarder. The strange thing is that other files are still monitored and forwarded correctly.

I have even added followSymlink=false and CHECK_METHOD=modtime without any luck

#inputs.conf
[monitor://D:\path\to_*\file-*_*.csv]
disabled=0 index=myindex sourcetype=mysourcetype crcSalt = <SOURCE>
followSymlink=false
#props.conf
[source::D:\path\to_*\file-*_*.csv] CHECK_METHOD=modtime

0 Karma

EUgalder

I have the same issue. 
Somebody know how to fix this?? 

0 Karma

timrich66
Communicator

Hi, I am getting the same error on a unix box.  Did you ever come to a conclusion?  The input works fine for exactly the same path on a different server.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...