Getting Data In

Why am I receiving a certificate error when trying to oneshot?

jwhughes58
Contributor

Hi All,

I'm getting the below

splunk add oneshot ./kaseya.txt -index main -sourcetype asset‌☁️‌kaseya-edge:agent
ERROR: certificate validation: self signed certificate in certificate chain
Couldn't complete HTTP request: error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed

Since I'm working on my development laptop, I don't care if this is signed or not.  What I need is a way of stopping the error.

TIA,
Joe

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

NullZero
Path Finder

This looks like one of the following or at least a path to resolving:

• Can the splunk user read that file? CHMOD / CHOWN settings correct?
  • Also I would encourage you to put the file in /tmp/<yourfile.txt> rather than the /opt/splunk/bin directory
  • I believe that this is a standalone splunk instance and not a distributed environment as you mentioned a laptop.
  • Which user owns the splunk folder and processes, are the basic permissions set right and is there a home directory for the splunk user? Otherwise add a home dir for splunk (mkhomedir_helper splunk)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...