Getting Data In

Why am I getting "ERROR TcpInputProc - Received unexpected 1380997408 byte message" forwarding my fortigate logs to Splunk?

sympatiko
Communicator

Hi,

I'm just new with splunk. I'm getting this error upon forwarding my fortigate logs to splunk. How can I set splunk to listen on UDP logs?

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Karma

sympatiko
Communicator

I already fixed the issue by adding an UDP data input config. Now I'm getting this error in the splunkd.logs

ERROR SearchParser - Could not find macro 'fortigate_webfilter' that takes 0 arguments. Expecting stanza name 'fortigate_webfilter'

Any idea?

Thanks,
Eddel

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi sympatiko,

take a look at the docs http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/Data/SyslogTCP

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

sympatiko
Communicator

Hi MuS,

Thanks for your help. Are you familiar with this error "Received unexpected 1380997408 byte message (Invalid payload_size=1380997408 received while in parseState=1)!" . As I've understand it pertains to the size being forward by my fortigate firewall,is it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for your help!

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

which port are you sending the fortigate stream?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...