Getting Data In

Where is the data for my monitor file var/log/zimbra.log file?

vumanhtai
Path Finder

I set up a monitor zimbra.log file, but I find it is missing the data pushed to the Splunk server compared to the actual file it has.
How do I have to deal with this problem?

0 Karma

ShaneNewman
Motivator

If I had to guess, I would say that you probably have the Splunk TA for linux installed, which monitors /var/log... This is a crap monitor stanza and is most likely causing a conflict with your monitor stanza. Add a blacklist to that /var/log monitor stanza for zimbra logs.

0 Karma

ShaneNewman
Motivator

If my theory is correct, you can search the os index for source=/var/log/zimbra.log and you will see data, unless you changed the name of the index from os to something else.

0 Karma

risgupta
Path Finder

Could you please help with Splunkd.log files for the Zimbra mail server where splunk is installed.

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

try putting crcSalt = abc in inputs.conf

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...