Getting Data In

When I uploaded a document, I am getting the error "Parameter name: Path must be absolute". What could be the reason?

vijaymythili

alt text

Tags (3)
0 Karma

hettervik
Builder

Hi,

Did you find out the reason why this happens? We've tried moving the file to different directories before uploading it, and also we've tried renaming the file. Those things seems to have no effect. Did you find a solution?

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

I recently saw this happening again and after the user changed the app context and retried to add a file it worked. Did you tried to add data in a different app as well?

0 Karma

hettervik
Builder

No, we haven't tried that, but we did find another solution. Instead of using the "upload" function, we used the "monitor" function. We selected the same file as we had previously tried to upload and told Splunk to only index the file once (as opposite to continuously monitoring it). Technically it would be the same as using the previously tried upload function, right? Nevertheless, it worked.

Our conclusion is that there's a bug in the upload function.

0 Karma

boshea

I get the same error - uploading via the 'Add data' UI from a Mac & choosing a local file via the UI or dragging/dropping into the 'drop your data file here'.

As far as I can tell, I don't have control over the path that is sent in the POST; tried 'edit & resend' to add the full local path, but that didn't work either (bad request)

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi vijaymythili,

this message usually occurs if one tries to use a Windows path on *nix or Mac or visa versa.
You cannot use \\servername\foo\boo\baz or c:\foo\boo as input on *nix and also you cannot use /foo/boo/baz on Windows, so check the used path.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

boshea

How does one change the path when uploading via the Add Data UI?

0 Karma

boshea

Never mind - moving the data file to ~/Desktop and dragging & dropping that seemed to work - doing the same thing with the file nested several directories deep did not work

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...