Getting Data In

What sourcetype should be used input MySQL data

ti786
Explorer

I am using the DB Connect app to connect to a MYSQL database and input the data from a table.

What sourcetype should I use for MySQL data in the Database Input:

1. dbmon:kv
  2. dbmon:mkv
  3. or some other?

Also the datetime fields in the MySQL data like "2013-09-24 21:31:13" appear as "1385819882.000" in Splunk - is this format to do with the sourcetype and how can I get Splunk to keep the original format?

0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion

Can you post the splunk\etc\apps\dbx\local\inputs.conf stanza for this MySQL input?

To view the raw data in Splunk you run a search that pulls the data from this input and then table it to _raw

search for MySQL data | table _raw

0 Karma

ti786
Explorer

Is it possible to view the rawdata in Splunk that is returned by a MySQL query run from Splunk?

The MySQL data has some datetime fields like "2013-09-24 21:31:13", but these appear as "1385819882.000" in Splunk - how can I get Splunk to keep the original datetime format?

0 Karma

ti786
Explorer

Is it possible to view the rawdata in Splunk that is returned by a MySQL query run from Splunk?

The MySQL data has some datetime fields like "2013-09-24 21:31:13", but these appear as "1385819882.000" in Splunk - how can I get Splunk to keep the original datetime format?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You'll probably get good results with KV. Experiment in a separate index until you get the results you want.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you click on the DB Query button in the DB Connect app you can enter a query and see what would be indexed.

To get the datetime format you want, use CONVERT(datetime, column, 120).

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

ti786
Explorer

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...