Getting Data In

What is the most stable version of Splunk presently?

debjit_k
Path Finder

Hello All, 

Hope you are doing good..

1. Can anyone please let me know what is the most stable version of Splunk is present

2. I have upgraded my splunk to the 9.0.2 version is this version stable as of now? 

It would be great if anyone has any documents which will clear the doubts as of now I'm not getting any doc as such 

Thanks 

Labels (4)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @debjit_k,

there isn't a "stable" version of Splunk, because Splunk isn't an Open Source project but a product, so all the releaszed versions are "stable", obviously with continue patch and upgrades releases.

Anyway, the last released version is 9.0.4.1 as you can see at https://www.splunk.com/en_us/download/splunk-enterprise.html

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

debjit_k
Path Finder

Hi @gcusello,

Thank you for the information.

So recently I upgrade the Splunk environment to 9.0.2, and it has some vulnerabilities do you think it is ok for another 6-7 months for the next upgradation and we can take those vulnerabilities as an exception? 

Or you think it might effect the production. 

Thanks 

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @debjit_k ...

as said above.. there is no stable version.. actually, we no need to worry about this "stable version" at all. 

Splunk, being an enterprise solution,.. most of the times every version is a stable version. when there will be any bug or issues, the Splunk guys will release an update/patch.. so most of the times, we need not worry about that stable version at all. 

>>> So recently I upgrade the Splunk environment to 9.0.2, and it has some vulnerabilities do you think it is ok for another 6-7 months for the next upgradation and we can take those vulnerabilities as an exception? 

yes, for next 1 year or event 2 years, you need not worry about next upgrade at all. 

the vulnerabilities present in 9.0.2 should be simple things and no need think twice about them at all.. 

upvotes are welcomed.. if you got the required answer, please accept the reply as a solution.. so that this question will be moved to answered queue, instead of the unanswered queue. thanks. 

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @debjit_k,

it depends on what is the relevance of your system and if the vulnerabilities are possible on your infrastructure.

In general I hint to update Splunk as soon as possible, but it isn't mandatory.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...