Getting Data In

What configurations would be made to inputs.conf in order to have the same log file be monitored on all my servers?

kranthimutyala
Path Finder

I have 64 servers and I need to monitor the same log file on all the 64 servers. What would be the inputs.conf file configuration for this setup or any solution for this kind of requirement?

0 Karma

paulstout
Path Finder

From my understanding and assuming the file is in the same location, inputs.conf does not need any special treatment. I presume you're using a deployment server so you'll want to create an app containing the inputs.conf, define a serverclass for the 64 machines, then add a stanza to push that app to the defined serverclass.

0 Karma

kranthimutyala
Path Finder

can u give me the rough example of each file

0 Karma

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@kranthimutyala - Did the answer provided by paulstout help provide a working solution to your question? If yes, please don't forget to resolve this post by clicking "Accept". If no, please leave a comment with more feedback. Thanks!

0 Karma

paulstout
Path Finder

This documentation page covers everything you need (in far more depth than I could rattle off): http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.2/Updating/Aboutdeploymentserver

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...