Getting Data In

Use source path time when ingesting data

power12
Communicator

I have the following source .I want to extract time from source when data is ingesting

source="/logs/gs/ute-2024-02-05a/2024-02-05_16-17-54/abc.log"

in props 

TRANSFORMS-set_time =source_path_time

In transforms 

[set_time_from_file_path]
INGEST_EVAL = | eval _time = strptime(replace(source, ".*/ute-(\\d{4}-\\d{2}-\\d{2}[a-z])/([^/]+/[^/]+).*","\1"),"%y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S")

I tried testing it but I am unable to get the _time

| makeresults 
| eval source="/logs/gs/ute-2024-02-05a/2024-02-05_16-17-54/abc.log" 
| fields - _time
``` above set test data ```
| eval _time = strptime(replace(source, ".*/compute-(\\d{4}-\\d{2}-\\d{2}[a-z])/([^/]+/[^/]+).*","\1"),"%y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S")

Thanks in Advance

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

power12
Communicator

Thank You @victor_menezes  .I tried below and it worked .

| eval _time = strptime(replace(source, ".*(\d\d\d\d-\d\d-\d\d\_\d\d-\d\d-\d\d).*","\1"),"%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S")

View solution in original post

0 Karma

victor_menezes
Path Finder

Your props is not matching the stanza name of transforms. Not sure if that was a typo...
About a typo, you don't need that first pipe in the ingest_eval. Try this instead (I changed the regex a bit)

Props.conf:
[your_sourcetype]
TRANSFORMS-set_time = set_time_from_file_path

Transforms.conf
[set_time_from_file_path]
INGEST_EVAL = eval _time = strptime(replace(source, ".*/ute-(\\d{4}-\\d{2}-\\d{2}[a-z]+)/([^/]+/[^/]+).*","\\1"), "%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S")

power12
Communicator

Thank You @victor_menezes  .I tried below and it worked .

| eval _time = strptime(replace(source, ".*(\d\d\d\d-\d\d-\d\d\_\d\d-\d\d-\d\d).*","\1"),"%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S")

0 Karma

victor_menezes
Path Finder

Awesome! Glad to know that.

Please remember to mark this as resolved so others can know about it.

Happy splunking!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...