Getting Data In

Upgrading and migrating 32bit/64bit and 6.1 to 6.2 ends up with "Setup Wizard ended prematurely"

LarsN
Explorer

Hi,
I am trying to upgrade and migrate in the same time and that might be the problem, but which one is to be done first?
Now running 6.1.1 on a Windows 2003R2 (32bit) and would like to migrate to a new server running Windows 2012R2 (64bit)
I have copied the complete file structure from c:\program files\Splunk to the new server c:\Splunk and installed the new v6.2x64 in the same dir with the "Setup Wizard ended prematurely" and a rollback/cleanup as the result.

... and the install wizard seems to clean everything up ... even any install log files or is there a way to debug the install process?

• Lars
0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you running a non-English version of Windows? There are some upgrade defects in 6.2. See this previous Splunk Answers thread. The defects should be fixed in an upcoming maintenance release.

0 Karma

LarsN
Explorer

Both systems are native US-English.
I guess I will try to update the running 32bit system to v.6.2 (as the 64bit version I would like to end up with) and then try to migrate Again.
,Both systems are native US-English.
I think I wiil go for an update of the 32bit system to v.6.2 (as the 64bit version I would like on the new server) and then try to migrate Again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...