Getting Data In

Updating Splunk ServerClass Whitelist

joseph_caraccio
Engager

Hey Everyone,

Pretty sure this is a relatively easy problem to solve.. and it just has to do with my lack of REST knowledge.
Simply trying to update a list of server classes using this command

*curl -k -u {username}:{password} {url} -dwhitelist.0=server1 -dwhitelist.1=server2 -dwhitelist.3=server3 -dwhitelist.4=server4 -dwhitelist.5=server5 -dwhitelist.6=server6 -dwhitelist7=server7 -dwhitelist.8=server8 -dwhitelist.9=server9 -dwhitelist.10=server10 *

the problem with this command is that it takes what I set at whitelist.10 and puts in in between whitelist.1 and whitelist.3. I am guessing it just simply reads the first character of the server1 and places it there.

So I guess a simplified question is there some sort of end character for -dwhitelist.10 so that it ends up after whitelist.9?

Right now the order would be:
server1
server2
server10
server3
server4
server5
server6
server7
server8
server9

0 Karma

jeremiahc4
Builder

The whitelist ordering is not numeric so whitelist10 comes before whitelist2 (which you are missing in your problem statement).

0 Karma

jeremiahc4
Builder

it's sorted off the whitelist, not the servername

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Forwarders and Forced Time Based Load Balancing

Splunk customers use universal forwarders to collect and send data to Splunk. A universal forwarder can send ...

NEW! Log Views in Splunk Observability Dashboards Gives Context From a Single Page

Today, Splunk Observability releases log views, a new feature for users to add their logs data from Splunk Log ...

Last Chance to Submit Your Paper For BSides Splunk - Deadline is August 12th!

Hello everyone! Don't wait to submit - The deadline is August 12th! We have truly missed the community so ...