Getting Data In

Universal Forwarder Installation- Error: No logon servers are available to service the logon request.

Bill_B
Communicator

I'm trying to install "splunkforwarder-6.0-182611-x64-release" on a Windows 2008 R2 server. While going through the install wizard I receive this error after selecting "Remote Windows Data" and entering domain, user, password.

"No logon servers are available to service the logon request."

I can ping the DNS.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

Hello Bill,
That explains, with your current level of authentication the installer will not be able to find the server that is why the error. if you have any service account which has access to both the server, try installing the splunk forwarder and then configure the inputs in WMI.conf later.

Thanks

0 Karma

Bill_B
Communicator

I don't have access to logon locally, so I can't test that.

0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion

It sounds like a domain controller access issue. Can you log on locally to that server with the domain credentials you used to configure the forwarder?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...