def_QA_BOAT.log

ghi_QA_TROUT.log

pqr_QA_worm_count.log

Why don't any of these match?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

jcmaynard
Explorer

I've attempted the above with just the slashes (without the asterisks) and it still doesn't work.

0 Karma

jcmaynard
Explorer

I've attempted the above with just the slashes (without the asterisks) and it still doesn't work.

0 Karma

JSapienza
Contributor

Maybe its the page stripping the characters but you Are using
pqr*\.log$ with the asterisk (*) and the slash ()?

0 Karma

jcmaynard
Explorer

Tried this also with just a single expression in the following format: abc*.log$. No dice. What am I missing?

0 Karma

JSapienza
Contributor

If you are only specifying the first few characters of the file name you must have the asterisk to wildcard the rest of the file name. You must also have the slash to escape the dot before the file extension. Have you tried using only one expression without the OR "|" ?

0 Karma

jcmaynard
Explorer

0 Karma

jcmaynard
Explorer

using asterisk and slash plus '|' between each file name.

0 Karma

JSapienza
Contributor

try this:
whitelist = def*\.log$|ghi*\.log$|jkl*\.log$|mno*\.log$|pqr*\.log$

0 Karma

jcmaynard
Explorer

It tells me nothing matches 'def*.log|ghi*.log|...'. Wouldn't it come back with '_' in the name?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...