Getting Data In

Unable to login- splunk enterprise edition.

Shitiz
Explorer

I am not able to login to Splunk enterprise web interface. It says invalid Username and password. Tried different things like renaming passwd file and starting services again but to no avail.

I am getting login page as shown - alt text

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You imply this was a fresh install, is that right?

And you never, not even once, got in with admin/changeme?

Can you try from the cli? Wow, do an inception-style one and try changing the admin password from the cli, from the admin account... :

splunk edit user admin -locked-out false -auth admin:changeme --newpassword  <password>

(I think that would be the syntax). Just provide a new password there at the end. See what it does!

0 Karma

Shitiz
Explorer

Yeah it worked... I am able to login now..Thanks for helping..

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I sort of assumed my response helped, so I converted it to an answer and migrated your answer to a comment under it.

If this is what happened, great! Could you mark this answered then?

If it is not and you found a different solution, please write up what you did and you can mark THAT one as the answer!

Anyway, happy Splunking and I'm glad you got it!
-Rich

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Observability Cloud | Unified Identity - Now Available for Existing Splunk ...

Raise your hand if you’ve already forgotten your username or password when logging into an account. (We can’t ...

Index This | How many sides does a circle have?

February 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

Registration for Splunk University is Now Open!

Are you ready for an adventure in learning?   Brace yourselves because Splunk University is back, and it's ...