Getting Data In

UF in Linux how to configure

fazilhussain
Explorer

Dear Friends.

But I have some doughs I installed the UF in Centos and followed this cmd.
1: /Command: /opt/splunkforwarder/bin/splunk enable boot-start [successful]
2 😕 Now Configure Forwarder connection to Index Server

Command: /opt/splunkforwarder/bin/splunk add forward-server host. domain:9997 [SUCCESSFUL]

NOW MY QUESTION IS :
I have installed the UF in the below mention Path. Plz let me know if the path is correct.

[root@localhost] # cd/opt/splunkforwarder/
[root@localhost splunkforwarder] # ls -l
--r--r--r-- 1 splunk splunk 7555 nov 18 time splunkforwarder-6.5.1 [installed]

And i cannot access the Below Path to configure the Outputs.conf.

/opt/splunkforwarder/etc/system/local/outputs.conf –

I can only go till /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/ Under /etc/ I cannot find the /system/local/outputs.conf/

I request you to please help me on this.

Waiting for your reply.
Regards,

Tags (1)
0 Karma

skalliger
Motivator

Hi fazilhussain,

that path is correct. Splunk's installation ships with default settings which are found under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/default/.
Do not make changes there. Copy the outputs.conf from the default folder to the local folder and make your configurations there.

Edit: Addtitional info - The default configs are only used for deploying apps. Configs in etc/system/local will overwride the standard/default settings.

Skalli

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...