Getting Data In

UF data going to wrong index

whar_garbl
Path Finder

I have a UF on an rsyslog server. The UF is forwarding logs to the indexer successfully, but one of my two input flows is going to the wrong index, and I can't figure it out. 

inputs.conf

[monitor:///path/number/one/*]

index = first_index

sourcetype = first_index

host_segment = 4

disabled = false

[monitor:///path/number/two/*]

index = second_index

sourcetype = second_index

host_segment = 4

disabled = false

Data of sourcetype second_index makes it to the corresponding index, but data of sourcetype first_index ends up in the main index. 

The only props and transforms I have configured are from the VMware add-on and its accessories, but I've scoured its conf files and have not found anything that would send this non-VMware data to main instead of where it belongs when it's specified in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/inputs.conf.

Any ideas? Thx!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello @whar_garbl 

Can you run following btool command from splunk bin directiry to check runtime confguration of inputs config

its shows inputs config from all splunk directory to check any thoer stanza which is taking precence to send the data to main index instaed of first_index for source /path/number/one/*

splunk btool inputs list --debug 

sample output

SanjayReddy_0-1633577655525.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...