Getting Data In

Trouble Uploading Splunk Data

djfletcher913

I am going through the Splunk Fundamentals 1 coursework and I am hung up on uploading data into the the system. I am using Ubuntu with Splunk 7.0.3 in the Chromium browser. All I am trying to do is upload the sample data that was provided from Splunk for the lab work. When I attempt to upload the data "access_30Day.log" into Splunk it gets hung up uploading the file and than it times out. The file itself is only 30mb so there should be no reason for it to take this long. I have been unsuccessful with getting any data uploaded into the webui and it's preventing me from moving forward with the coursework. Please provide any help. Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

If you have problems with the online elearning, send an email to elearn@splunk.com

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...