Getting Data In

TrackMe - Remote Deployment Account - SplunkCloud

aavyu20

Dear Splunk Community, 

I am here seeking your thoughts and suggestions on the error I am facing with TrackMe 

ERROR search_command.py _report_unexpected_error 1013 Exception at "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/trackme/bin/splunkremotesearch.py", line 501 : This TrackMe deployment is running in Free limited edition and you have reached the maximum number of 1 remote deployment, only the first remote account (local) can be used

Background:

Objective - Setup TrackMe monitoring (a virtual tenant - dsm, dhm & mhm) for our remote Splunk deployment (SplunkCloud).

TrackMe app is installed on our on-prem splunk instance and added  "Splunk targets URL and port" under Configuration --> Remote deployments accounts (only one account)

No issues with the connectivity, it is successful (pic below

aavyu20_0-1709828852675.png

We are using free license and as per trackme documentation, allowed to use 1 remote deployment.

Could we use free license in our case or how to get rid off 'local' deployment? Please suggest. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

tscroggins
Influencer

Hi @aavyu20,

I recommend contacting TrackMe support directly. Their contact information is available on the TrackMe Splunkbase page.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...