Getting Data In

To Exclude all the NULL values from the index

AL3Z
Builder

Hello,

I was trying to explore all the null values in my index but is it not working as expected do we need any changes in the search 

index=vpn earliest=-7d
| fieldsummary
| where match(values, "^\[{\"value\":\"null\",\"count\":\d+\}\]$")

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @AL3Z,

could you better describe what you whould do?

if you already indexed a log, you canot remove an avent or a part of it.

If you want to exclude some null values from a search you can do iy in the search.

So what' your requirement?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

AL3Z
Builder

Hello,

I was trying to look for indexed null values and will decide to ingest after knowing them.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @AL3Z,

at first you have to analyze your data and see if you correctly parsed it, in other words, if you're using the correct Add-On.

At this point you should'n have NULL values in fields.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

AL3Z
Builder

Thanks ,
I can see the values of some fields in my index as null,  what does it mean the data is ingesting or not ???

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @AL3Z,

if you don't have any recognized field, this means that you have a parsing problem.

At first you have to check if you instaled the correct Add-On and if you associated the correct sourcetype with yur data flow.

Then you have to analyze your data, see the sourcetype associated with these events and see what's the issue,

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...