TIMESTAMP_FIELDS = timestamp
TIME_FORMAT = %s%3N
TIME_PREFIX = ^
MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD = 512
description = JavaScript Object Notation
category = Structured
disabled = false
pulldown_type = true

I tried to attached the preview from splunk and data coming from splunk forwarder but I am not able to do so...

0 Karma
1 Solution

hvaithia
Path Finder

[json_timestamp]
INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS = json
TIME_FORMAT = %s%3N

TIME_PREFIX = timestamp
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
category = Structured
disabled = false
pulldown_type = true

This is the props that worked out for me finally if anyone is interested in the future. TIMESTAMP_FIELDS didn't unfortunately work with the forwarder (although it worked in the data preview)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hvaithia
Path Finder

[json_timestamp]
INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS = json
TIME_FORMAT = %s%3N

TIME_PREFIX = timestamp
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
category = Structured
disabled = false
pulldown_type = true

This is the props that worked out for me finally if anyone is interested in the future. TIMESTAMP_FIELDS didn't unfortunately work with the forwarder (although it worked in the data preview)

0 Karma

hvaithia
Path Finder

The event starts with {"building":
Sample event below
{"building": false, "changeSet": {"items": [], "kind": null}, "builtOn": "rhel6", "description": null, "artifacts": [], "timestamp": 1430241584496, "number": 13, "actions": [{"causes": [{"upstreamBuild": 14, "shortDescription": "Started by upstream project \"answers\" build number 14", "upstreamProject": "answers", "upstreamUrl": "job/answers/"}]}, {}, {}, {}, {}, {"highlightsData": "[{\"Previous Job\":\"answers#14\"},{\"Previous Job\":\"answers_se\"},{\"Build host\":\"rhel6\"}]", "highlightsTable": "<h4>Global Patterns</h4><b>Previous Job:</b><b>Started by <a href="/hudson/job/answers/14/">answers</a></b><b>Previous Job:</b><b>Started by <a href="/hudson/job/answers/8/">answers #8</a></b><b>Build host:</b><b>Built on <a href="/hudson/computer/rhel6/">rhel6</a></b>"}], "id": "2015-04-28_17-19-44", "keepLog": false, "url": "http://thefactory.xyz.com:9999/jenkins/job/answers/13/", "culprits": [], "result": "SUCCESS", "executor": null, "duration": 377658, "fullDisplayName": "answers", "estimatedDuration": 298415}

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...