Getting Data In

Timestamp format

Vladimir
Path Finder

Hi,

I have log files which have timestamp format like

04/10/2012 07:50:09 - dd/mm/yyyy HH:MM:SS

but indexer thinks it's a mm/dd instead of dd/mm. Logs are monitored by forwarder which has a props.conf

[source::E:\Logging\] 
TIME_FORMAT = %d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S

But still nothing changed. Data with timestamp, for example 04/10/2012 I can find for April, but not for October. Any suggestions?
Splunk forwarder version - 4.3.4, splunk indexer - 4.3

Tags (1)
1 Solution

echalex
Builder

The TIME_FORMAT needs to specified in your props.conf. Furthermore, it is relevant to the Splunk server that does the parsing. In other words, if your using a universal forwarder, you need to edit your props.conf on the indexer.

The alternative is to use a heavy forwarder to do parsing.

View solution in original post

echalex
Builder

The TIME_FORMAT needs to specified in your props.conf. Furthermore, it is relevant to the Splunk server that does the parsing. In other words, if your using a universal forwarder, you need to edit your props.conf on the indexer.

The alternative is to use a heavy forwarder to do parsing.

Vladimir
Path Finder

ok, got it. Will try to configure the indexer

0 Karma

Vladimir
Path Finder

and one more thing - this issue started from October only, for last months I didn't have such problem

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...