Getting Data In
Highlighted

Splunk encountered the following unknown module "Windows_FTR" The view may not load properly

Hi,

I am running a test to upgrade our splunk server from 4.3.2 to 5.....in my testbed environment which is set up with a clone of our live server, I have run the installation and upgraded to 5 but the splunkweb services fail to start. In the splunkweb log file I see an error where the server is looking for certain directories in the windows app, so I have to rename the directories from 'TAWindowsFTR' to 'WindowsFTR' and 'TAWindowsIFrame' to 'WindowsIFrame' to get the services started. If I log in to splunk and open the windows app (running latest version) I get the error in the title of this post. Any ideas?

Highlighted

Re: Splunk encountered the following unknown module "Windows_FTR" The view may not load properly

Contributor

Same issue here, anyone find a resolution?

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: Splunk encountered the following unknown module "Windows_FTR" The view may not load properly

Motivator

These "me too" messages should be comments, not answers - so others know this question is not answered yet!

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: Splunk encountered the following unknown module "Windows_FTR" The view may not load properly

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Underneath the Windows application, you should see an 'appserver' subdirectory, and under that, 'modules'. Additional UI modules shipped with the application live in this subdirectory. The WindowsFTR module in particular is trying to ensure that you don't simultaneously have SplunkTAwindows or TAwindows combined with the main Windows app. In some versions, it also warns you if you're running your Splunk server on Unix, which is all too common in mixed-OS environments.

At any rate, it's possible that the module isn't there for some reason (and a reinstall of the app should fix it), or one of the files for the module is missing.

I had a situation where I had to email myself the Splunk app through a very picky mail gateway; the javascript in the packaged app was replaced with Folgers crystals (a text file saying "we removed your javascript!"). The symptom of this was that when I installed the app, I saw the error message you describe.

0 Karma