Getting Data In

Splunk docker container 7.3.2

inman09
Engager

After starting up a container running the splunk/splunk:7.3 image and logging into the splunk UI. I noticed file integrity errors, where the following jar is missing: /opt/splunk/bin/jars/vendors/libs/json-2018130.jar. It is present within the manifest file, but is in fact not present within the libs directory. I haven't been able to find any other posts about this, so not sure if something is wrong with the image I used. Just trying to see how I should proceed, and whether this is a know issue, and the potential impacts of this jar not being present. My team is really wanting to move towards docker, but if there are issues with the images, that might not be possible right now. Thanks

0 Karma

inman09
Engager

Answering my own question. What happened was one of the layers didn't successfully install correctly, deleting all the saved layers and re-loading the image fixed this issue for me. The jar is now present and I no longer receive the missing jar errors.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...