Getting Data In

Splunk .bat script file not getting triggered

sandyasampath

I'm having a simple alert (for POC, so checking with _internal data) and on alert action there is 'add to triggered alerts' and 'run a script'. I'm able to see the triggered alerts, but the .bat file doesn't seem to run. I'm able to run it manually, but not through the alert action.

I've placed my try.bat under $splunk_home$/bin/scripts folder. While checking for "try.bat" in index=_internal, i get the below event:

2018-01-05 18:22:19,585 +0530 INFO runshellscript:141 - ['C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin\scripts\try.bat', '44', 'index^=internal^ 3mreportErrors', 'index^=_internal^ 3mreportErrors', 'testAlert', 'Saved^ Search^ ^[testAlert^]^ number^ of^ events^(44^)', 'http://CDC2-L-5286WND:8001/app/3m/@go?sid^=scheduleradmin3mtestAlert_at_1515156720_51', '', 'C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\run\splunk\dispatch\scheduleradmin3m_testAlert_at_1515156720_51\results.csv.gz']

try.bat
@echo off
REM Next command inputs the greeting
echo Hello! This a sample batch file.
time /t >> "c:\sandya\output.txt"

I'm using Windows 10, Splunk 7

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...