Getting Data In

Splunk Web UI not working on Windows 10

RameshaVenkatar

Installed Splunk 6.6 on Windows 10. However, unable to start Web UI using URL localhost:8000. Error displayed on browser

System.ArgumentNullException: No message was deserialized prior to calling the DispatchChannelSink.
Parameter name: requestMsg
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.DispatchChannelSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.MetadataServices.SdlChannelSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpServerTransportSink.ServiceRequest(Object state)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ProcessRequestNow()

Please respond.

Thank you,
Ramesh

0 Karma

satishvrhce

Thank you Anusuya...

Your solution really worked....

0 Karma

anusuya_k

As mentioned in my post, I faced same issue. When I checked in the web.conf under etc\system\local, it turned out that httpport is set as 8002, and not the standard 8000. Not sure how this happened, but when I changed the url to port 8002, it started working. As I said, no idea about the reason behind, but accessing port 8002 (or whatever is there in web.conf) seems to work. Hope this helps you as well.

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

was splunk install clean? any messages during install?
is splunk up and running?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...