Getting Data In

Splunk_TA_ontap throwing error message - Unable to initialize modular input

brdr
Contributor

Hi,

We are using Splunk_TA_ontap app. We are now seeing message " Unable to initialize modular input "ta_ontap_collection_worker" defined inside the app "Splunk_TA_ontap": Unable to locate suitable script for introspection. " From some reading I've done it looks like this could be a platform issue that the apps run on (Linux). The App claims it is platform independent.

We recently upgraded to 6.5.2 from 6.4.0 and began seeing this message.

Any ideas why?

Thx

Tags (1)

johnansett
Communicator

This is typically because the add-on is installed without SA-Hydra and SA-VMNetAppUtils.

This is a valid configuration if you install on you're indexer in a distributed environment. To fix it on the indexer (do not do this on DCN's SH's or anything other than indexers, assuming they're reporting the warning):
Delete the .spec files in the README directory, delete the inputs in default and delete all the sample files and restart Splunk on the indexer. If you are using clustering this should be done on the cluster master.

If this is a DCN, or your Search Head, then make sure you copy the SA-Hydra and SA-VMNetAppUtils's along with the TA.

0 Karma

brdr
Contributor

No. I've basically not looked into this any further.

0 Karma

Sp1unkin_it
Explorer

Also getting this error.

Were you ever able to resolve or anyone else have insight?

0 Karma

jgallo92
Engager

I had this issue on SH cluster, I just removed Splunk_TA_ontap/README/inputs.conf.spec and the message disappeared.

Hope this help...

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...