Getting Data In

Splunk SC4S and barracuda

njusticesnb
Engager

Hello,

I am new to Splunk.  I have successfully got our SC4S server setup and sending info to Splunk.  I am working on getting data in from our Barracuda Web Filter.  The data is going in but getting assigned a source type of nix:syslog.  I have installed the BarracudaWebFilter app in Splunk but for it to work I am reading the sourcetype needs to be "barracuda".   I believe I need to add a line in the splunk_metadata.csv file on the SC4S server but not sure what it should be.  Anybody else set this up and have any info the could provide.

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Karma

abk_hexion
Loves-to-Learn

Hi @njusticesnb if you can help with the steps for setting up the sc4s server for getting syslog data into Splunk it will be really helpful 

0 Karma

blbr123
Path Finder

Hi can you help with the steps for setting up the sc4s server for getting syslog data into Splunk , I have gone through the document but it's quite confusing.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...