Getting Data In

Splunk Forwarder/syslog-ng filter

miguel1423
Explorer

Hello,

I use cp_log_export on my checkpoint management server to send logs (CEF format) to my syslog-ng server and on the same server, my splunk forwarder send log to my splunk server.

I got too many logs from checkpoint and I would like to know if I can did some filters on splunk forwarder or syslog-ng server before ? 

for the moment in my syslog-ng I filter uniquely with tho IP source of my checkpoint management server and in my splunk forwarder with the sourcetype (checkpoint:cef).

splunk_forwarder.png

After regarding the logs on splunk, I would like to get only the logs from the cef_product MTA, can I filter that on splunk forwarder or syslog-ng ? I prefer filtered syslog-ng to reduce the amount of logs in my syslog server.

cef_mta.png

Regards,

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...