Getting Data In

Splunk Forwarder and Splunk Enterprise 6.4.1 on the same Winodws Server 2012 R2

gmaynard0203

I have installed Splunk Enterprise 6.4.1 on a VMware Windows Server 2012 R2 instance. I am able to install the Splunk Universal forwarder specifying the same server as the receiver, but when I attempt to configure the forwarder in Splunk Enterprise, I only receive the option to click on the link to configure the receiver, which I've already done from Splunk Web and from the Universal Forwarder installation.

I'm not using a deployment server and I'm only running one instance. This has been challenging to set up and am very eager to get this running correctly. Thanks!

0 Karma

petercow
Path Finder

The Splunk Server can receive data on its own. No forwarder required. (and actually, you shouldn't use it).

0 Karma

ryanoconnor
Builder

If you have Splunk Enterprise on that system, you shouldn't also need the Universal Forwarder on the same system. Splunk Enterprise will do the data collection and index it locally.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...