Getting Data In

Splunk Connector on Windows

ptonpay

I read that at the moment there is no Splunk connector for Windows... Do we know when would such a connecter be available.
Micrsoft provides HDInsight which in short is a distribution for "Hadoop on Windows".
Once we have such a connector, we would be able to hook Splunk on Windows with HDFS on windows.
Please let me know.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

mship
Path Finder

Check out the following link...Splunk blog Splunk Hadoop Connect 1.1...

http://blogs.splunk.com/tag/hadoop/

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Not sure what you mean by "connector"? Splunk can run on Windows, including the Splunk Universal Forwarder which basically is a stripped-down Splunk instance specially suited for gathering logs and forwarding them to another Splunk instance.

0 Karma

ptonpay

I am talking about Splunk Hadoop Connect which allows one to connect to HDFS and pull data from and to HDFS ... As i said, Microsoft has ported Hadoop to run on windows ( not using cygwin), so i was interested to know if i can connect Splunk instance on Windows to HDFS on windows... Any updates would be helpful.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...