Getting Data In

Splunk 6.3 Extract Fields Props.conf & transforms.conf not working

icyfeverr
Path Finder

I setup a field extraction two ways, neither have worked and have caused Splunk to not function in a manner I think it should.

I setup a field extraction through the GUI and applied a transform through the GUI. Upon searching, the extraction is not shown, which would point me in the direction of my regex being incorrect, however, I do not believe this to be the case. The weird part is when I attempt to do a field extraction through the Wizard walk through, it takes me to a blank page now, and if I remove it the page now loads.

Since this did not work, I attempted to create the files manually in the app to see if the GUI was breaking it, but I got the same results as above. below is a copy of my props and transforms config files.

Props.conf:
[sr_info]
EXTRACT-id = id

Transforms.conf
[id]
MV_ADD = 1
REGEX = (?<id>(EI|EP|DK)\d{15})

Any ideas why this would be breaking the Wizard Walk through extraction page, the one you are able to click on via the event(s)?

FYI - When I do the extraction through the Wizard my regex is fine, it is rather simple anyways and wouldn't expect any issues from it.

0 Karma
1 Solution

icyfeverr
Path Finder

So, I kept digging and I see that I did a foobar. The props.conf file should not have EXTRACT in it for the transforms reference and should contain REPORT instead.

Changed from:
Props.conf:
[sr_info]
EXTRACT-id = id

To:
[sr_info]
REPORT-id = id

All is working now....Yay

View solution in original post

icyfeverr
Path Finder

So, I kept digging and I see that I did a foobar. The props.conf file should not have EXTRACT in it for the transforms reference and should contain REPORT instead.

Changed from:
Props.conf:
[sr_info]
EXTRACT-id = id

To:
[sr_info]
REPORT-id = id

All is working now....Yay

icyfeverr
Path Finder

Just to note, because it is not displaying in the post. There is a (backslash) in front of the d for 15 digits.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...