{
  inner_field1: msg2_field1 
  inner_field2: msg2_field2
  inner_field3: msg2_field3 
  inner_field4: msg2_field4
 }
]}

I want create a table that has this structure:

| field1 | field2 | inner_field1 | inner_field2 | inner_field3 | inner_field 4 |
| ------------- |------------------| --------------| -------------| -------------| --------------|
| field1_value | field2_value | msf1_field1 | msg1_field2 | msg1_field3 | msg1_field4 |
| field1_value | field2_value | msg2_field1 | msg2_field2 | msg2_field3 | msg2_field4 |

Does anyone know how to do this?

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Give this a try. We're assuming that field names in array messages and outside array are different. If there are more number of fields in the arrya, you'd need to adjust the eval temp command and the rex command.

your base search
| table field1 field2 messages{}.*
| rename messages{}.* as *
| eval temp=mvzip('inner_field1',mvzip('inner_field2',mvzip('inner_field3','inner_field4',"##"),"##"),"##")
| table field1 field2 temp
| mvexpand temp
| rex field=temp "(?<inner_field1>.+)##(?<inner_field2>.+)##(?<inner_field3>.+)##(?<inner_field4>.+)" | fields - temp
0 Karma

makragic

Can you explain to me what ## mean?

I actually did something similar today myself, after mvexpand I did makemv temp delim="," and then used eval with mvindex.

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

hi @makragic
does your values of inner field always have 2 sets in one event or can they be more?
inner_field1 occurs 2 times in this array can it occur more than twice?

0 Karma

makragic

Messages can have any amount of entries, however, each message always has 4 fields.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...