Getting Data In

Sourcetype by Forwarder GUID

mwdbhyat
Builder

Hi there,

I have 2 forwarders on a single box - one HF one UF. I want to switch off the UF. Im looking for a list of sourcetypes that the UF is sending. Does anyone have a search that can tell me what sourcetypes are actively sending data to Splunk via the UF's GUID ?

Thanks! 

Labels (3)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Have both forwarders the sane server name on server.conf?
If yes is it option to use different?
0 Karma

mwdbhyat
Builder

They both use the same - right now no option to change. I know i can use btool and list monitor to get a list of inputs.. but was hoping there was a way of generating a more "active" result from search. 

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
You could get some info from metrics.log on those nodes. It tells 10 top source, sourcetypes etc. at time. Just switch those to the HF and wait some time to look next round. Probably you could found same information from indexer side also with GUID, but probably it’s easier to check with Greg etc from command line.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...