Getting Data In

Skipped indexing error

mznikkip
Engager

I have two indexers and both are forwarding their data to the other. Today I saw an error stating Splunk skipping indexing, etc. I checked the disk space for each: 1 is at 94% utilization and the other at 14%. I'm assuming that since I am forwarding data the disk space is being used up fast. How do I resolve this problem? I read the section on setting disk limits; it seems that the index for os is approaching its limit on both indexers. Do I need to erase some data or increase the disk limit?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

Takajian
Builder

If you want to store more data onn your indexers, you need to increase the disk space. Otherwise, you need to erase data in order to keep available disk space for indexing new data.

0 Karma

mznikkip
Engager

And by increasing disk space, you mean increasing the limit that is set in Manager > Indexes? Do I increase the limit of the 'os' index or the 'main' index or both?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...