Getting Data In

Set up universal forwarder on Cisco FTD

noy72

I am running Splunk Enterprise for Windows 7.1.3 and am trying to index Cisco FTD logs. I understand that the eStreamer will not work on a Windows platform; but, I am receiving data into the Cisco FTD dashboard from a Cisco ASA device. I believe that if I ensure a universal forwarder is properly configured on on the FTD, and the correct TCP forwarder connection is established, I can get data from the forwarder into the app.
My questons are:
Are there any .conf files on the forwarder that require modification?
What Server Class should I use for the FTD and what ports should be configured? (I'm reasonably certain this should be 8089, but will listen to any and all other opinions.)
Is there any step I am missing?
The firewall team would love to have this work.
Thanks
Ron Jones

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...